7 Steps to Self-Motivation

We all go through moments in our life when there's no other alternative left for us but to motivate ourselves to get us out of a slight depression, an attack of sadness or pure boredom with the drudgery of daily routine. The reason can be anything from a broken relationship, an attack of flu, a bad cold, or just being in a plain rut.


Here's what I do when I have to deal with such moments of total lack of motivation to do anything super intelligent, and my thoughts seem to be stuck with one thought and that is 'what's the use anyway.' I pull myself together and I force myself to listen to my inner boss who says 'enough is enough let's stop this mood of doom and gloom and get on with it now.' I take off a day to spend with myself and here's what I do.

1 - Music as sound therapy - The first thing I do is to put on some good lively fun music. Radio or CD makes no difference as long as its fun light uplifting music that I can hum to or sing with. So much for sound therapy, which works without fail every time and I keep this going all day. It is amazing how the right piece of music can change your whole mood.

2 - Personal Hygiene - Next I attend to myself. I treat myself to a nice hot bath or shower, I take care of my physical appearance, i.e. hair, face, nails, etc. Personal hygiene and making myself feel pretty and getting dressed immediately lifts up my spirits each time without fail.

3 - Environment - Take care of my surroundings. I tidy up everything around me, take care of laundry, air out cupboards, tidy up drawers, change the bed sheets and spray some nice smellies, make sure everything is clean and fresh around me. This never fails to make me feel so much better about myself. We are after all an extension of our environment.

4 - Give myself a treat - This could be anything that takes my fancy. I go to the cinema when everyone else is at work, I have a cup of coffee and a snack and watch a favorite fun movie, meet an energetic good-humored friend for a chat, or go out shopping to buy something for myself, something that I can afford of course. Not more than that. I avoid unhappy people.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

5 - Practice Kindness - You'll be surprised how when we kindness-matters/kindness-matters-printable-compliment-cards/">practice kindness we warm up around the heart area. With kindness the heart vibration is raised and it makes us feel good. So I do this by being kind to a neighbor or a family member whom I usually don't care much about. I make a point of meeting with them inviting them for a cup of coffee or bring them some flowers. To activate our kindness and compassion, whether to self or others always makes us feel good.

6 - Exercise and Breathing- Find the time to exercise, or just dance around at home to some lively music, jump around and breathe deeply. Do this for at least an hour, either in one go or break it up to three different times during the day. Move, shake, rock and roll, breathe deeply and breathe again. Your cells will dance with happiness.

7 - Movement - Find the time to go out for a walk or a jog, just half an hour if you can't do more will still work wonders for you. Go to a playground watch children playing, watch people around you, remind yourself you are a part of one big human family and this is life happening. We all share the same feelings of despair as well as joy. But in the end, it is always each one of us individually who is responsible for our own moods and wellbeing. Every moment spent in doom and gloom is a moment of our life wasted away.

At the end of the day, go to bed with a feeling of having had a good day well spent with yourself, remind yourself tomorrow is another new day, and with the sun rising again your day will be full of hope and new miracles that could come your way. Be open and receptive to what comes to you whatever that might be. Life wants to be lived and experienced, it does not wait for us when we feel demotivated. Life continues to live with joy and sorrow and it is we who is losing out when we do not participate in this mysterious wonderful game we call life.



Source by Margo Kirtikar Ph.D.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Cancel Reply

[Gallery Post 1][gallery1][recent][10]

[Vertical2][vertical2][recent][4]

[Web Design][vertical2][recent][4]

[Music][vertical2][recent][4]

Welcome to world of gist,gossip and news

[Combine Post][combine][recent][5]

[Graphic Design][horizontal][recent][5]

[simplepost][simple][recent][5]

EDIT ME

Ads (728x90)

No one has ever become poor by giving, Please Donate

Top Menu

Menu

Footer Text

Social

Latest Stories

Photography

SUBSCRIBE

Advertise Here

Instagram

Find us on Facebook

Text Widget

Footer Text

Pages

Site Links

Share

Widgets

Follow on Facebook

EDIT ME

Popular Posts

POPULAR POSTS